Introducing... The Bright Side of Life
Let's face it, the news today can be downright depressing. It's important to remember that things aren't all bad--in fact, there are some really great things happening around us all the time. With that, Our Oregon is launching a weekly series to highlight some of our favorite bits of news from the week. Introducing, The Bright Side of Life.
This week's edition:
1. The Library
We love the library. And they're boldly entering the 21st Century!
(Even though these are specific to Multnomah County Libraries, you can still text a librarian or get book recommendations from anywhere!)
- You can download three free Sony Music songs from the library each week!
- You can text a librarian at any time of the day or night and get an answer to any question you ask... within TEN MINUTES. Just text the word "multcolib" and your question 66746 and they'll shoot you an answer.
- If you're looking for a good book, you can fill out this form with the names of three books you like and a librarian will respond personally to give you great recommendations.
2. Monty Python video
3. Mark Zuckerberg was in Portland this weekend!
OMG LOLZ. I saw him walking up Burnside. What brought him here, you ask? Some say he was buying a condo in the Pearl. Some say he was buying a dog. Some say he was buying the whole city, just 'cause he can.
4. Trimet plays matchmaker.
Trimet collected stories of love for Valentine's Day -- people who connected on public transportation. Cuuuuuuute.
5. 10,000 boxes of cookies pile high on a "slow day" in the Tigard Girl Scout cookie factory.